Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let's Hear It For Kids!!

A few months ago, Braeden had the opportunity to join a group called "Kid Biz." Some mothers in our area were joining together to teach a group of 4 to 12 year-olds some songs/skits/dances. He was SUPER excited to be involved. They started performing around the surrounding cities a couple weeks ago and had their second to last performance tonight. I FINALLY brought my camera tonight, and of course had to make up for the performances that I missed and take A LOT of pictures! Gaven waiting for the performance to start.

They performed tonight at a convention center that was hosting the city's annual Senior Christmas Dinner. If I had to guess there were around 350-400 people there. They place was HUGE, and despite the opportunity to have their nerves shaken, the kids performed like champs! Here is Braeden introducing himself:

Here is the whole group on stage together:

During "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"


"There's No Business Like Kid Business"

Singing "Put on a Happy Face"
(I was proud of him tonight because he finally put on a happy face during this song - the other times that they have sung it, he looked so serious... I told him during "Put on a Happy Face" that he needed to put on a happy face. After their performance tonight, he wanted to make sure that I noticed he had done it! Here's proof:
Posing for me in between songs

I thought it was funny that I was taking a picture of the girls performing and Braeden was in the background thinking that I was taking a picture of him!

What the "brothers" were up to during the performance:


"Spoonful of Sugar"

I almost wet myself watching Alia, Karlee and Kayla as they were practically making out with the microphone during "Spoonful of Sugar." They stayed that way for almost the entire song, and I couldn't help but capture their cuteness!!

This is only about 1/2 the crowd:

They fed the kiddos afterward:

Here are a few pictures of the wonderful mommies with their kiddos. They ladies that you see with the Kid Biz shirts on are the ones that have donated their time to make this all work. We are very thankful that they have done this for the kids!
Kirsten and her girls:

Hiedi and three of her kiddos

Amy with her cuties:

...and Tammy with two of her beautiful girls:

Here I am with the boys:

I hope to be able to post some of the videos that I took either later tonight, or tomorrow sometime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I am amazed. Can't wait for the video to be posted. That is quite the undertaking and I could tell that Braeden really enjoyed being up there! Hollywood here we come???

Cassidy said...

How fun!! So cool. That would be so fun to watch. It's crazy seeing Heidi on your blog. We miss you!!!