Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...And this is what I found

I usually check on the boys before I head to bed, but sometimes I forget. The last couple times I have forgotten, Gaven has woken up soaked because he's either take his diaper off completely and been sleeping in just his jammies, or he takes it off enough that by morning when he wakes up, it's down around the foot part of his jammies. Weeeeeellllllll.... last night, he got a little bit more creative. I went in to check on him......And that is what I found! (that's not a bruise on his bottom, it's a mongolian spot that he was born with - wouldn't want Grandma's to call CPS on me!) You can see his diaper under big bird on the left and his jammies are the brown ones under his blanket on the right. His jammies are the long fleece, zip-up, footed ones.
After I took the first picture, he stirred a little bit. It was still really dark in his room, and I couldn't tell what he was doing, so I took another picture. It wasn't until I took the next picture that I realized what he was doing. He must have thought it felt funny that there was something warm and wet coming out of his body. (If you click on the picture, you can see better - this all happened around 11:45pm last night)
New sheets, warm washcloth wipe down and new jammies later, he was fast asleep again.

4 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny! I can't believe he is already "hating" the diaper! He has grown up so fast! Crazy!!! But still really cute!

Anonymous said...

One lady I knew her son got to a stage like that. She would duck tape the diaper on him and when she needed to take it off, just cut it off. I found it funny. It worked for her.

And as for bruises, if boys didn't aquire bruises just from their very gender, something is wrong. :)

Cassidy said...

So funny, so frustrating. I HATE changing the sheets!

Hill Family said...

I am not a fan of late night "clean ups"!!! Ad changing crib sheets....the worst!!!