Monday, October 26, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

We'd been planning on carving the kids' pumpkins last night for a while. Our plans got pushed back a little when a family called and wanted to come look at our dog (I'll post about that after this). It was 7:00pm before we even got started. We started with Gav's pumpkin so that I could get him to bed while we did the boys' pumpkins.

I tried to get Gaven to show me the pumpkin guts so I could take a picture and he wouldn't, so Jason said, "Look Gav, do this:"


Carsen wanted his pumpkin to look just like the orange pumpkin pail that we have in the house.

Carsen showing my how gross the inside of the pumpkin feels:

Braeden taking his turn (this picture cracks me up!):

Braeden picked out his face that he wanted to carve. We saw a pumpkin with the word BOO as the eyes and then no nose, and a mouth. It was HIS idea to move the middle "O" down in BOO so that it would look like the nose. Mommy and Daddy did all the cutting!
This is supposed to be his scary face!

Since Gav went to bed before we finished, I'll have to get the three of them with their pumpkins tonight, but here are the older two with their finished jack-o-lanterns.

Now, here's a little bit more of a scary face!


3 comments:

christyephillips said...

Wow! Those are some impressive pumpkins! That looks like so much work, I think we may end up painting ours this year. I can't build up enough energy to tackle carving them! It's so funny to see your boys in shorts carving their pumpkins, it is so cold here!

Anonymous said...

Those are some nice carving skills!

Unknown said...

How could those prescious faces be a scary face? They are way too cute! Looks like lots of fun!