Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conversations in our House

My newest little student, Carsen, needed to be tested on whether he knows all his colors or not. So what does a responsible parent do? She sends her 5-year old to color with him and quiz him on his colors while she does the dishes. So we were all in the kitchen together and I was having fun listening as Braeden would hold up a crayon and say, "What color is this, Carse?" "Blue... yellow... red..." depending on what color he held up. Then, Braeden got to one of those colors (I like to call it puke) that's not really a yellow, or orange or gold, it's kind of a mixture of them all and he turned to me and said, "Mommy, is this color called non-toxic?" I couldn't help but laugh as he was a little confused. When I went over to look, I realized that the crayon he pulled out of the tub of crayons was different than the previous ones he had pulled out and the "non-toxic" claim was in the same place the colors were of the other crayons.


Earlier today, Braeden was trying to read something and he told me that he couldn't read "curly writing" as easy as straight writing.
That's all for now...




3 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG........Gotta love 'em!!!

Judd and Debi Williams said...

what a beautiful family you have Briana. Just found your blog through Maggie's. She found mine so then i was looking at hers and there you were. So great to see all of you doing so well. Sister Williams

Robin Conner said...

Love it love it love it love it! It made me laugh for the first time today. Thank you! Kids are the best.