Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Vacation Part I

We've been in WA for the past 3 weeks. I, along with my dad, brother and my in-laws have taken hundreds of pictures! In an attempt to weed them down to give an overview of our trip, here I go... We still have 4 more days here, so there will be more pictures, but I'm taking advantage of my Dad's VERY high speed connection while I have the chance. We drove to Dallas on the 27th of July and stayed the night with our cousins. We LOVE spending time with them! They were so kind to take us to the airport where we saw the funniest thing happen! One of the luggage carts was driving by when it dropped a piece of luggage on the ground.It landed right-side up! The boys thought it was the funniest thing when we were watching 30-40 more vehicles drive by and NOBODY stopped to pick it up. It just sat there in the pouring rain. Finally, someone came and got it and the fun was over.
The boys did pretty well on the flight. Braeden only slept for about 15 minutes.
Gaven was an angel, and I think I got a picture of the ONLY time he fussed on the flight. He fell asleep about 7-10 minutes before our wheels touched down in Portland.
Maybe THIS is why Braeden only slept 15 minutes!

When we arrived in Portland, both grandma's were there to greet us, along with Jason's Dad and my cousin, Amanda. We went to my parent's house that night. My brother and his family and Jason's little sister and her little boy came over. The kids played and played and had a blast with their cousins!
This picture is a little out of order, but Grandma got her first cuddles with Gaven.
The two oldest boys and my brother's three kids.
My cousin Amanda helping the kids out with their crime scene.

Before bed, we had to hit the train room for our first "run" of the trip. (Carsen took a little spill out front, hence the big goose egg on his forehead.)
My Dad was working swing shift the night we arrived, so he didn't get to see the boys until the next morning.
Auntie Colee (my sister) came down the next morning to prepare for our trip to CA with just the girls.

No comments: