Friday, after the "Hail 'n' Farewell", we headed to Montgomery, TX, where our friends live. My long--time buddy's dad has a house on Lake Conroe, and he and his wife, Holly, just bought a boat. We so kindly offered to help them break it in. We didn't get to Montgomery until about 11pm Friday night, so the boys were exhausted! Josh's mom JoAnn has a cute little yellow sports car that we made a first attempt at getting a picture of all 5 kids in. It's quite the effort to get them all looking at the camera at the same time. We were unsuccessful!
Top right picture from back to front: Carsen, Braeden, Luke, Brock and Gaven
Saturday morning, we took the boat for a spin over to a place where the kiddos could play. On the way home, from the other side of the boat I thought Braeden was just enjoying the view, until everyone started getting out and we noticed that he had crashed!
Then we spent some time back at the house, after a morning out on the Lake and in the sun. Saturday night, some of Josh's friends were holding a surprise birthday gig for one of his best friends, so we made a brief appearance. It was REALLY hot out (heat index of 106), so the kids kept themselves busy in the shade drinking water, stomping ice cubes and just being cute.Clockwise from the top left: Gaven, Carsen and Braeden / Carsen / Brock - stomping the ice cube (Josh and Holly's youngest) / Luke (their oldest) / Gav / Carsen, Braeden and Luke

I had to include this picture. I waited until the people got off the boat, because I didn't want to be THAT obvious, but I had to take a picture of this boat. Who has a stripper pole on their boat... I mean, really, who? I guess these people:
It was convenient because the restaurant was right on the water and we were able to pull up, park, get out and visit, and hop back in to head back to the little beachy area for the kids to play.
Here is our second attempt at getting a group picture:
Sunday morning, we went out for a leisurely boat ride. The best part for the boys was that they got to drive.

I had to include this picture. I waited until the people got off the boat, because I didn't want to be THAT obvious, but I had to take a picture of this boat. Who has a stripper pole on their boat... I mean, really, who? I guess these people:
Here is our second attempt at getting a group picture:
Sunday morning, we went out for a leisurely boat ride. The best part for the boys was that they got to drive.Clockwise from top left: Braeden / Gaven / Braeden driving on Josh's lap / Carsen driving / Brock enjoying the view
Neither Gaven or Carsen really enjoyed the boat rides when we were going fast. The first 5 little trips, Gaven was on my lap and assumed the position - head resting on my chest, face turned in, with his eyes closed. He wasn't sleeping, he was just finding his happy place, I guess! Finally, he let Jason hold him for our last ride and I had a chance to take a couple pictures. The two with his eyes open are when we were going slow... the other one was when we were going fast, and no, he's not sleeping.
Here is our third and final attempt at getting a group shot with them all looking at the camera. Luke (sitting next to Braeden) was being a bit of a stinker and purposely not looking at the camera, but in Brock's defense, he was asleep!
Neither Gaven or Carsen really enjoyed the boat rides when we were going fast. The first 5 little trips, Gaven was on my lap and assumed the position - head resting on my chest, face turned in, with his eyes closed. He wasn't sleeping, he was just finding his happy place, I guess! Finally, he let Jason hold him for our last ride and I had a chance to take a couple pictures. The two with his eyes open are when we were going slow... the other one was when we were going fast, and no, he's not sleeping.
Here is our third and final attempt at getting a group shot with them all looking at the camera. Luke (sitting next to Braeden) was being a bit of a stinker and purposely not looking at the camera, but in Brock's defense, he was asleep!Left to right: Gaven, Brock, Carsen, Luke and Braeden
What can you expect when you're trying to get a picture of 5 children age 5 and under! Maybe next time! As of August 17th, the kiddos will be 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.
What can you expect when you're trying to get a picture of 5 children age 5 and under! Maybe next time! As of August 17th, the kiddos will be 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1. I realized that when posting these pictures that I never got any pictures of the adults. The kids pretty much steal the show, but I'm mad I didn't get any pictures of Josh and Holly, Jason and I or of Josh's parents! Once again, maybe next time... but then again...
3 comments:
Did you try out the pole Bri?????
Yes, but I made sure that nobody got a picture of that!
Oh my...I was thinking, "maybe it's a really just a sky hook for wake boarding ... until I saw the two lovely pictures on the back of the boat. Seriously people.
Post a Comment