Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Strides

Just two weeks ago, Braeden was still afraid to put his face in the water too far, go in the water without his arm floaties or even float on his back. Yesterday, I bought him a pair of mask goggles and that was all it took. He's figured out how to swim down to the bottom to get toys... Do somersaults under water...

And swim from one side to the other without coming up for air.
He's showing off his mad pouncing (belly flopping) skills.
Carsen showing him how to move his arms when he swims:
Preparing to pounce:
It's been amazing that LITERALLY in one day of having his goggles, he's made these huge steps. It was just a matter of getting his nose plugged so he didn't have to do it and so that he could have both arms to swim. He was so excited for Daddy to get home to "show off."
Way to go, Braeden, we're so proud of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am very impressed. We are doing swimming lessons this summer. I'm sure that pool was cheaper than what I am going to pay for the lessons.

Cassidy said...

So you did get the pool! FUN!!!! Way to go Braeden!

Debbie said...

Did you know that my sweet boy called me all on his own yesterday to tell me what he did?? He was so proud of himself. Can't wait to see it in person!! They look so dang cute in the pool!!

Katie said...

way to go!