Braeden has already left with Daddy for the last day of the school year. He's very excited. I don't think he's to the age yet where he gets excited because he's tired of going to school . . . I think he's excited because he knows when summer comes, we get to go to Washington. Yesterday in the car, he told me, "Mommy, tomorrow is the last day of school, and then the day after that we get to go on a plane to Washington." I had to explain to him that we have over a month and a half left still before we get to go. He was a bit disappointed!
First Day of School (left) Last Day of School (right)
First Day of School (left) Last Day of School (right)As you can tell, there have big some big physical changes in Braeden from last August. He has grown 3 inches, right out of every piece of clothing he owns! My plan was to put him in the same outfit for his last day, but when we put his shorts on, they looked like little girl shorts and the shirt is quite short. When he gets home, I'll try and get a picture of him in them, it's pretty funny! Braeden has gone from being in the bottom third of his class in height, to the second tallest. There is one little boy who's taller and he's REALLY tall!!
This year, Braeden has learned to do some simple math, count to over 100, become a "nutrition expert" (believe me, we hear about it all the time!), and learned to read. He's not reading just books like - The cat sat... I'm talking books like Dr. Seuss and "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." We're very proud of him and his progress . . . my only concern: What is left to learn in Kindergarten??
3 comments:
Those pictures were great! It's amazing how much they grow! That's a great idea to take the first day of school pic and last! I'll do that when Ethan goes to his last day. He still has a couple weeks. You'll have to put him in his old outfit, that will be funny to see! I can't believe he's already reading in pre-k Bri! That's really amazing! He's going to do so well in the future grades!
Wow! It's amazing how much they really do change in a year. It's fun to see the side by side pics. I can't believe how light Braeden's hair looks in the pictures by your pool. So fun!
Are you going to go visit my favorite person Jodi? If you do, eat some cinnamon bread for me.
Post a Comment