It's been almost a week since my last post. Last Tuesday night, in our first soccer game, I dove for a ball and messed up my shoulder pretty good. It wasn't until this morning that I could move my arm more than a couple inches away from my body. I had PROMISED the boys that I could take them to the creek with our playgroup last Wednesday, so that posed a bit of a dilemma... Gaven had a Dr.'s appt. at 8:30am, playgroup was at 10am and my Dr.'s appt. was at 11:40am. We went to Gav's appt. and sure enough 2 more ear infections. If he's not cleared up after these, they'll look into a serious of antibiotics given in 3 shots... then possibly tubes, but we'll just hope he clears up!
After that, we headed to the creek. I'm not sure how I was accomplishing anything... my pain level on a scale from 1-10 was a 10 and my range of motion about a "0". A promise is a promise, though, so we went. We were there early before anyone else because I knew we would have to leave early to get to my appt. It's such a great little place for the kids to play fairly safely. Other than some sharp and a few slippery rocks, there's really nothing to worry about. There's a small little current that runs from the "top" of the creek down to the bottom. The boys' favorite part is riding their tubes down the current. Here they are, trekking back up to the top.
In lieu of my recent injury, Braeden stepped up in the cuddle department. Gav woke up from his nap one day and climbed up on the couch next to him and this is what I found:
So I have to say, a week later, I'm finally starting to feel some improvement in my shoulder. I can move it quite a bit more than that first day after. The pain is still pretty high on my scale, but I'm hoping that will get better as well.
Is it too much to ask to want to get back playing soccer with my team??? ...
TONIGHT??!!
6 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry your shoulder is hurting so bad! I hope it heals up quickly. Those pics were so cute! What a good big brother to cuddle his baby brother. so cute!
OUCH! Oh man. I'm sorry girl!!! Hopefully it clears up soon. I know how you love sports!
PS, your boys are looking TAN!
Didn't look like that shoulder slowed you down a bit! Briana you were awesome last night! I do hope your shoulder will be feeling better soon!
You were awesome! I didn't realize you were in so much pain still. Hopefully that will go away soon.
Of course the blankets are magic. They were made with love! :)
Yikes, that sounds painful! I hope you heal quickly.
That's cool that you were able to get the boys at the same school--they're going to love that!
Post a Comment