Saturday, May 30, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

We've had a small bit of mourning in our family this week. My basketball that I have had since I was in high school has finally seen it's last day! The valve broke and the ball will no longer hold air. The day of that discovery was definitely a SAD day! The Wilson JET on the left (aka. Super Grip) has been replaced by a younger, fresher Wilson on the right. It's kind of like replacing your dog, the new ball will never hold the place in your heart like the old one did, but only time will repair those wounds.Okay, so maybe it's a little different, but you get the gist, right?
I mean, really, who takes a picture of their basketballs?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

ONLY YOU BRI!!!

Nicole said...

That's my sis!

Cailean said...

I know it's a basketball and not a volleyball but for some reason, reading this post and seeing the pictures I could only think of "Wilson!!!!!" from Castaway :) I am sorry about your loss, though. It sure lasted a long time!