Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Odds and Ends

I thought I would throw in a picture of our backyard from last Friday when the thunder and lightning storms were coming through. Anyone care for a swim?My wonderful, handyman husband installed some "under cabinet" lights in our kitchen. I love the extra lighting in the workspace, and it makes for great mood lighting, too!
Gav toe update: The nail fell off about a week ago, we're just hoping it will grow back now.
Thanks to my wonderful friend Tammy for watching my other two boys, I got to go with Braeden's Pre-K class to the zoo yesterday. This first picture cracks me up, but also scares me a little. Braeden was standing next to his little friend Danielle. I told them I wanted to take a picture of them and this is what she did: (his reaction was a bit awkward as he half-heartily threw his arm around, in a most boyish uncomfortable "claw hand").
This was Braeden's favorite picture because the giraffes make a . . . yep, you guessed it, an "X"
Here are Braeden and some of his classmates with their teacher in the red hat and assistant teacher in the back.
Jason spent this morning staining our fence. It turned out a little darker than we expected, but he did a great job, and it looks VERY nice.
It's getting late, and I better get to bed. But, before I do that, the most exciting news of the day is that we bought a new van. We're very excited about it!! It was a long night and we didn't get home and get the kiddos to bed until around 10pm, so I'll have to get some pictures to post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Look at Jason go! I'm impressed. What can't he do, really? But, are the chair rails up yet? Congratulations on your new purchase. Crank the a/c, yeah.

Cassidy said...

That's about how our yard looked after the rain! A new van?! FUN!!!

Cailean said...

Awesome handiwork! Wow I love the lighting and everything. I helped on Elizabeth's Kindergarten zoo trip last year - that is definitely A TRIP!