Saturday, April 4, 2009

Catch-up

I feel like I need to do a little catch-up, as we've had company with us since the beginning of March. It was of course a blast, but I didn't take much time to blog.


They've once again started construction on some new homes in our neighborhood. It looks to us like they've sold 2-3 of the houses on our street across the street, as they've built fences and they don't do that until the house is sold. They are currently building 2 on the street behind us (including the one directly behind us) and have poured the foundation of 3-4 others. We're hoping that our neighborhood starts to fill a little with possibly even some other residents in this area.


The boys, of course, LOVE watching them build behind us. I'm sure the neighbors behind us won't be too thrilled that they boys can look directly down into their yard!!


Our "second batch" of company was one of my best friends, Jana, her husband, Ben and their two little girls Ava and Ellison. Ava is a few months younger than Carsen and Ellie is a few months younger than Gaven. Unfortunately, I was HORRIBLE at taking picture, and this is one of just a few pictures I took, and I didn't even get any of the other three kids!


I've really missed Jana, and it was nice getting some time together before they move half-way across the U.S. for residency themselves.

It's amazing how used to having someone else around I have gotten! It sure seems quiet around here, although my house is about as far from quiet as it could get!



One of the nights that Ben and Jana were here, the kids were all sleeping when we suddenly heard Ava crying in their room. Ben got up to go back and check on her and he found Dakota trying to snuggle up to her. Apparently Ava didn't appreciate that, and I don't blame her. I felt bad, and then even worse when I realized that it woke up Ellie, too. Needless to say, Dakota is missing her "bed buddy", but isn't losing any sleep over it.

A few other things that have been going on - Jason only has 2 months left of intern year. Actually he has three, but his third month is Radiology anyway, so technically he starts exclusive Radiology in 2 months. It'll be nice that he won't have any overnight call, and his hours will be a little more predictable, which is always nice.
We're getting ready to go on "the car hunt." Our van has been having many minor issues and a few major ones. A Texas summer without AC, not going to work. A car that unexpectedly dies, not going to work. We're just trying to keep it running long enough that we can get some "car hunting" in and decide what we want to. We're not fully decided on what type of car we'd want... new/used, van/SUV, etc... Of course, cost is a HUGE issue. We've lived our entire married lives without a car payment . . . how do you do that, you might ask? It's called VERY generous family members!! Needless to say, it's time, and I'm not really looking forward to it.

No comments: