Monday, March 23, 2009

Never Going Home

We were crushed when Braeden's soccer game was cancelled the first Saturday that my mom was here. Then . . . I realized that I read the schedule wrong and the second game we thought she was going to get to see didn't actually exist because of Spring Break. Grandma was going to have to go home this afternoon only a few hours before Braeden's make-up game, not being able to see ANY of his games! SOOOOOO . . . last night we called Continental to see if it would be possible to change Grandma's flight a day later.
First-Class ticket to Texas: $870
A few dinners out: $150
Unlimited shopping trips: ???$$$
The smile on Braeden's face when Grandma said she was staying for his game: PRICELESS!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So....where's the priceless smile?

Robin Conner said...

I had fun looking over your last few posts. I first read the post about Gaven in the water! So scary! I can only imagine Bri! Thankgoodness it turned out the way it did! And then, what a cool grandpa to mail them the "mountains" for his train set. That is such a great idea, and he'll always have a piece of them on his track! So cool! Loved the golf pics and that is awesome your mom got to stay for a game! Glad you had such a fun time with her there! ;)