Friday, February 13, 2009

We're true Texans!

I took the boys to the Rodeo Thursday night. It was a bit of an impulsive decision for a few reasons. Braeden's class had gone to a mini-rodeo on Wednesday and he came home ranting and raving about how wonderful it was. He told me that we needed to go "tomorrow" because kids get in free. I looked into it and thought it might be a little funbut hesitated because it didn't start until 7:30pm. Braeden and Carsen were REALLY excited. We went with our friends Tracy and Kaleb.

Braeden was excited to wear his "cowboy hat" to the rodeo. Luckily he's too young to realize how ridiculous he looked with all the other little boys in their authentic cowboy hats!

Unfortunately the pictures of the action didn't turn out very well because the flash doesn't take in the large building. I should have tried turning the flash off, that probably would have helped.

He isn't in any sort of pain that I know of, I promise!!
This was one of the gals doing the barrel racing. It was pretty cool how fast they get going on those horses.

We enjoyed ourselves more than I could have imagined! The boys did pretty well considering the late start. We were going to leave a little early to get to bed at a semi-decent time, but it was just too exciting to leave. Besides, their favorite part, the bull riding, was last! We didn't get home until after 10pm.


On a funny side note, I was REALLY excited for Braeden to get home from school in order to tell him that we were going to the rodeo that night. His bus pulled up and off came the neighbor girl and no Braeden. The bus driver called me over and explained that Braeden forgot to change buses. Braeden rides what they call a transfer bus. He takes an original bus from his school, then transfers to another bus at the transfer place and that bus takes him home. To make a long story short, he had to stay on the original bus through it's whole route and then the beginning of the older kids' route in order to get back to the transfer place and take his bus (with the middle schoolers) back home. Needless to say, Braeden was on the bus for 2 hours on the way home Wednesday. Silly boy!! That also just meant that I had to wait longer to tell him that we were going to the rodeo.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Braeden's hat looks more like a Mexican sombrero than a cowboy hat!! LOL I might have to take some of the blame for Braeden loving the Rodeo. Glad you all had so much fun.

Briana said...

That's because the boys have bent it, played with it and turned it inside out. It really WAS a cowboy hat at one time!!

Robin Conner said...

So cute. Our kids loved the Rodeo too when we lived there. It's fun to watch their excitment. Loved Braedens hat! :) The videos were cool too!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I haven't exposed my kids yet. I have great memories of going to rodeos. I remember trying desperately to catch a sheep with a little ribbon tied to it's tail. You got a prize if you got the ribbon. I was about ten. I've noticed nowadays they are putting kids on the sheep now. That would be a hoot to watch. I'm glad they had so much fun.

Parks' Place said...

Jake was just saying that we have to make it to the next rodeo, they really are a blast!