Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Wrath of Dakota

This post is ENTIRELY for my friend Dawnella. While visiting her today, she mentioned that I always blog so endearingly about our dog Dakota. See, the thing is, they just got a 3-month old puppy that is creating havoc for them. She said, "Is it just me that feels like I'm losing it and never have things under control?" NO, Dawnella, it's NOT JUST YOU! We have had our fair share of chaos with our puppy. So here are some photos just for you. IN FACT, this is what I came home to after being at your house: Seriously, you jinxed me! When I caught her doing what this next picture shows, I honestly wanted to take her out back and shoot her! This is my new big bookshelf from Ikea, that I love. Luckily, Jason informed me that it is made to be a room divider if wanted, so the back is the same as the front, and eventually we can just turn it around.
Not one . . .
But two of our chairs now look like this:
This is a pile of dead grass that I raked up, along with all the Nerf toys of the boys that she has destroyed. If you look closely, you'll see green, yellow AND black, three different toys. (I just noticed that I never flipped this picture right side up, but it actually doesn't matter for what I'm trying to show.)
Everywhere you see a rock, there's a big hole that has been dug under the fence!!
Let's add the boys' play set to the list of tasty treats in the backyard.
And, last, but of course not least, my entertainment center. I have no idea when this one happened, we just found it like this one day. It's a good thing we haven't made it to the point in life where we buy "good" furniture!
Maybe the reason I haven't blogged about the struggles with Dakota are because the good WAY outweigh the bad! She's a doll, and we love her very much. She fits right in with the family!!
So there you have it, Dawnella, you're not alone!!
(The reason for the baby gate on top of the baby gate, or maybe you already guessed it, is because one of my babies can jump right over the gate!)

8 comments:

Janene said...

Wow Briana, I don't know how you do it!!! It's like a whole other kid getting into things and doing damage! You have such a great outlook, I'm sure your kids love you for putting up with it!

Ashley said...

It might help to put her in a kennel while you are gone. I think we have one her size if you want to borrow it. Also, the gentle leader collar works really well. We put it on our dog when we're not able to watch her closely and it keeps her from getting her back teeth around anything to cause major damage. She can still eat and drink and stuff. Good luck!

Cassidy said...

hahaha. Can't wait to meet her. :) I love that Ikea bookshelf!

Robin Conner said...

Oh gosh! I feel for ya! I've been there! They do eventually grow out of it, but it's hard. One of these days you'll sit down to dinner and fall flat on the floor! ;) ha ha! She just your wood quality control dog. She wants to make sure your wood tastes good! It's enough to drive ya crazy though! :) The bath pics of Gaven were really cute too! Have a good weekend! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah after this post I totally want a dog now! (not!)
Maybe in a couple years when we're out of diapers

Unknown said...

I have no dog advice, but that doesn't surprise me. Insead of the double baby gates, have you ever wished for a screen door? If not, I recommend putting one on the list! :) One without a solid bottom half would be great for Gav and Kota!

Andrea McEntire said...

It's a good thing she's so cute. :)

Andrea said...

What a great post! Made me glad I don't have a dog yet! But I know one day I will and that day will be when I don't have kids in diapers, like your friend commented!