Saturday, November 29, 2008

Prayers for Dakota

We've been saying lots of prayers for our little puppy Kota. We found out today that she's contracted Parvovirus, most likely from the shelter she came from. She's been very sick the past couple days, so we took her in today. They'll keep her in order to give her some antibiotic and some fluids. The antibiotic is not for the virus, it's to kill bacteria that builds up because of the virus, or some medical reason like that (this is one post that Jason should be writing). We're hoping that she's old enough and that we caught it in time for her to kick it. 80% of dogs that go untreated die from Parvo, and that can happen within 2 days of showing symptoms . . . they think about 80% that are treated survive. The boys have been good little mommies to her while she's been sick, giving her lots of love and kisses (the virus is not dangerous to them AT ALL, thank goodness!). We're missing our little girl tonight, but we know she's in good hands. They told us that no news is good news through the weekend, and we'll know more on Monday.

8 comments:

Jana said...

Sorry to hear she's sick. I hope she gets better and gets to come home soon. That makes me sad for the boys.

Unknown said...

You know that puppy is sick when she is lying so curled up with those adorable boys beside her. I know that if anything will cure her it is the love they already have for her. Come on, Kota! You gotta feel better fast. Those boys want to have you at home to love on you!

Robin Conner said...

I hope your puppy gets better soon. No fun to have a sick dog. Your thanksgiving looked really good. Darren was walking by as I was looking and he saw your "bird" with the greenish stuffing and said, "so what did they do, kill the bird after he got sea-sick?" I laughed and said, I bet that stuffing is really good! He did too, he was just being a dork, but it did look good cooked! ;) We just got back, so I'm sure I'll post soon! Oh, and happy birthday Braeden! I can't believe he is 5! Crazy!

Andrea McEntire said...

Aww shucks. I hope she gets well soon. Poor thing. Your boys look like they are taking care of her.

Jana said...

Braeden, do you have a beach ball? We should go to the beach. I want to read a snow book. Can you write my name? Do you have a slide. I rode a tractor with my Papa. I didn't ride a bicycle. That's not the end. Ava

Jeannie said...

Oh, poor little pup. I hope that she feels better soon. Good thing you caught it when you did.

Cailean said...

Poor doggie!!!! I hope he is already better!

Lewis Family said...

Parvo is terrible... my dogs growing up had it...ugh. I heard you guys aren't feeling that great either. Hope everyone is on the mend soon!