Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank goodness for windows

I was in the kitchen when the boys told me that there was a big tarantula spider on our window. I was a bit nervous, thinking I'd find a big spider in the house and have to get it out somehow. Luckily, they had opened the blinds and seen it THROUGH the window, because if this thing had been in my house, I'M TELLING YOU, I would have LOST IT! I don't like spiders as it is, but one that is as big as my palm! Somehow I was brave enough to go outside and get close enough to take a picture (my camera has pretty good zoom). Can you believe this thing??

6 comments:

s g said...

I think Greg would seriously MOVE out of that house if it was ours...that thing is scary, in fact, I know he won't even be able to look at your blog til your next post. CALL THE EXTERMINATOR!!

Cailean said...

That gives me the willies just looking at it, and I'm not really scared of spiders. Eesh! You know, I think that's the dreaded hobo or brown recluse because of the chevron stripes. Believe me, we have looked it up many times because last summer EVERY big spider we saw Nathan thought was one of those scary ones.

Cassidy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I NEVER saw one like that in Temple. In fact, I never really even saw any spiders come to think of it. . . If I had, I'd never have lived there a whole year. AHHH!! That picture basically convinced me to never move to that area. SERIOUSLY! Sorry girl!

Katie said...

Oh my heck, I'd be freaking out. Did you do anything to kill it or get rid of it?

gkrnelson said...

AHHH! I had a similar experience with a snake in my house just a few days after Avery was born. Riley came to me and said Mama snake in the house. I had to sweep it out with broom. It wasn't a typical gardener snake either. It was black with white splotches. I wasn't calm enough to capture a photo of it!

Robin Conner said...

EWWWW!!! I HATE Spiders so much! And I think I'll have a night-mare tonight just from looking at the picture! Texas has the biggest ugliest bugs out there! Yuck! I'm glad it didn't jump on you! :)
I hope you're doing well. I miss you!