I don't know who was more excited that Carsen was turning 3 . . . Him, or me, having wondered many times if I would be able to keep him alive until his 3rd Birthday. He gave us a scare last week, when he jumped into water that was well over his head, and I had to run 35 ft. to the pool and jump in (with Gaven in my arms, mind you) to save him. That being the 3rd time in his short life that he's done that!!
Here are some pictures of Carsen since birth:
Amazingly enough, the qualities that make him more than a handful are the qualities that we LOVE about him. He's our little pistol. Without exaggeration, he NEVER stops moving. The exception is when he's asleep, and even then, he NEVER stops moving. He sleeps like a tornado (see pictures in my slideshow).
From day 1, Carsen has loved balls. It's been fun for me to see his love for balls develop into a talent. He never ceases to amaze me with his coordinated abilities in throwing, kicking, running and playing. There have been more than a handful of times that Jason and I turn to each other and say, "Did you just see that?" "Did he REALLY just do that?" He often jumps off of things, runs around corners, trips over something and you think SURELY the kid is going to fall . . . and somehow he manages to stay on his feet and keep going.
Here are some pictures of Carsen at 16 months that I have always loved. In the two serious face pictures he was actually pooping (I know, nice huh!) After he was done, I had asked him if he was stinky, and that's how I got the other two pictures.
Carsen has always been named our "Sweet Pea" and it's a name that couldn't be more fitting. As much as his devious side shows itself, he is completely overpowered by a compassion inside him that never fails to show. He is thoughtful, when he sees something that needs to be done, he does it, without me asking. If I ask him or Braeden to do something he always says, "Mommy, I'll do it." And when it comes to his big brother, he is definitely the peacemaker. He often gives up something that he wants, just to make Braeden happy. Our chubby little baby has turned into a skinny little boy.
Our family is definitely blessed by having Carsen a part of it. We love him VERY much. Here are a few more recent pictures of our little Sweet Pea.


4 comments:
Cute fudgsicle photo! Why does every kid get that under-the-lip part messy? Happy Birthday to him! It's so fun to see the retrospective of photos. You have such fun-loving kids :)
Love that kid! Is he really already 3? I remember when you were pregnant with him. Boy time flies.
Adorable! All your boys are so cute.
Awwww, that was a sweet little tribute to Carsen! They are all so special and unique! The "middle child" especially! :) Ashton did the same thing several times in a pool. No fear. Pretty scary but soon he'll learn that "hey, I could actually drown!" He is a cutie and it was fun reading about the things you love about him!
Post a Comment