Yesterday we celebrated Carsen's birthday in the backyard with some friends. The one request he had for his birthday is that he wanted balloons and funny hats.

Carsen picked out a "beach" cake. Right before he was ready to blow out the candles, Braeden said, "LOOK, there's a CRICKET!" Everyone, including Carsen ran over to look, and as they did, the wind blew out the candles. He didn't seem to even notice.

A few of the kiddos enjoying some cake and ice cream.

A friend of ours asked us if we wanted to borrow their water slide. OF COURSE!! Thanks, Wilson's! It made for quite the splash!!

When it came to presents, Carsen froze. It was rather cute, but a bit frustrating. The kids were quite anxious, and he just sat there and WOULDN'T open! Finally, Jason told his friends to help, and they obliged. He eventually got the hang of it, and fended them off.


Jason and I bought Carsen a big wheel. I have a funny video of his less than enthusiastic reaction to seeing it for the first time. Once again, he warmed up a bit. (I'll post the videos when I get a chance).
Overall, Carsen had a great time. And, that's what it's all about!
1 comment:
Looks like a fun party! I loved the enthusiasm for the Hot Wheel! That cake sure was cute!
Post a Comment