This is a long story, so bare with me. Back on July 5th, I bought a wooden playset for the boys. I called ahead of time to make sure they had one in stock - yep, one left. I got there and they realized the box said it was missing the hardware. Ugh! Well, we'll take it (it was on sale) and they can order the screws to be sent to us. Oh wait, the worker found the box of screws in the big box. That next Friday, the boys and I were going to sort screws so that Jason could start working on it Saturday. Well, there weren't any. I called to have them send them to us. Looks like we'll have to wait another week. The screws got here, but the package was damaged and one of the bags had fallen out. Looks like it's going to be ANOTHER week before it gets here. Finally, they were all here, just in time for Jason to have the weekend off to work on it. Saturday morning came and his drill battery died just 30 minutes after starting. We borrowed one from the neighbor, but it was too strong and was stripping all his screw driver bits. Finally, his was charged and he started back up. Not more than an hour and a half later, his drill got bent and jammed . . . BROKEN! Doesn't work at all. So we called a friend, bless his heart, we were able to use his drill. We finished with what we could do before it was too dark in the backyard. Most of the playset together, it was just missing the slide. Jason was on call Monday night, so our next chance to work on it was tonight. We got the slide on, and it's FINALLY FINISHED!! Here is a picture of the boys yesterday, up on the part that eventually would have the slide to go down, watching them build the house behind us.
Here's a picture of the final product. It's a little dark because, after all, it was nighttime.The playset has definitely been worth the wait. Four stripped screw driver bits, a broken drill, blood (yes, I cut myself the one time I tried to help), sweat and a few tears later, we have a playset.
2 comments:
Wow Girl. What an adventure putting up a swing/playset is! Holy cow! I'm glad for your sake it's finally up and working! I loved the "where's waldo" pics. that was a cute idea! I hope you're doing well! Have a good weekend! Love, Robin
I love that you got them out of bed to go on the slide! Way to go! After all that trouble someone had to enjoy it right away right?
Post a Comment