Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gaven is 6 months

Gaven made it to 6 months!!! There were seriously times when I doubted that it would happen. Everyone always says that it is such a joy to have their baby in their home, so it sounds so cliche, but it couldn't be more true. I find it funny because, he's not smiling in any of these pictures, but he REALLY is such a happy go lucky guy!
Gaven's newest accomplishments are a couple of teeth, rolling EVERYWHERE, sitting for as many as 15 seconds at a time, biting certain sensitive areas (and drawing blood) and grabbing at EVERYTHING (and drawing blood). This afternoon, he grabbed at my face right as I turned my head toward him, and his finger went right up my nose. One bloody nose later, and I was fine. When I rock him, he has to be grabbing on to some part of my face, and he gets really upset if I turn my face so that he doesn't have access to my mouth.
I decided to put together a collage of Gaven's first 6 months. The top row is newborn, 4 days and 7 days (just because they change so much in that first week), then it continues with 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc . . .
Most recently, Carsen has given him yet another nickname, "The Gav." He just calls him that. No reason, just cause is what he told us. The other day I woke to hearing the three boys on the baby monitor, I thought it was a bit odd, since the monitor is in Gaven's room. I wasn't too concerned because sometimes the monitor will pick up their voices in the playroom. I walked into Gaven's room to find Carsen in the crib with him and both boys reading him books. Gaven couldn't have been happier. When Carsen was asked why he was in the crib, "Cause he couldn't see the pictures, MOM!" Pardon me . . .
Needless to say, we LOVE our little Roozer!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

so cute! i love this. i've gotta figure out how to make collages, it looks great. i also like your playroom & accent wall. glad you guys are happy in your new place.