I've been wanting to post this quote for some time, however, it was finding it that was the key. I finally found it, just after Mother's Day, go figure. My mom bought this for me on a piece of vellum to be able to use when scrapbooking. I love it!
Handprints on the cupboards
and shoes in the hall.
Toilet seat's up and there's
mud on the wall.
Every sports channel to
them will appeal,
and the front room doubles
as a football field.
The shelves in the kitchen
are continually bare.
There's toys on the couch
and jeans on the chair.
Wrestling and mud and
cars and noise;
I'm sure you can guess I'm
the MOTHER of BOYS!
("The Mother of Boys" by Patsy Gaut)
Now I realize what I have to look forward to. Most of this already happens at my house, just on a smaller scale. The thing is, when I read this quote, it just makes me realize that my house is full of love!
1 comment:
I LOVE your gorgeous family photo! Wow! And this poem is so great - it's what I imagine a house full of boys would be like. I'll have to send this to Nathan's uncle who has 5 boys :)
Post a Comment