Sunday, April 13, 2008

A week in the life of us . . .

I sat down tonight with the intention to post some pictures for our families. I found many random ones that I wanted to put on from this last week, so this will be a mish-mosh of pictures. As some of you know, Braeden is starting to phase out naps. Usually, he does pretty well, and is able to stay awake and happy for the whole day. Sometimes, however, we find him asleep in funny positions as he was trying his hardest to stay awake. Jason and I have been doing a lot of looking online this week at some things that we need to buy for the new house. We were both sitting at the computer while Braeden was dinking around on our bed. He was playing with one of Gaven's toys, when apparently, he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer.
Gaven wasn't too happy when I tried taking a picture of him.

Jason loves to squirt the boys with the spray bottle I use to tame their hair. After being squirted a few times, we realized that the water didn't really tame this time.

This next picture was just a cute moment. I was changing (or getting ready to change) Gaven's diaper. Carsen hopped on the bed behind him and when Gaven heard his voice, he contorted his whole body in order to watch his big brother.

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day when I thought I noticed that Carsen had put on a pair of underwear that needed to go in the garbage because they had a hole in them. Then, after looking a little closer, I realized that they weren't even underwear after all. He found a basketball tank top of Gaven's and put it on as pants.

We had some of our friends over Friday night for hot dogs. We had a blast! Before they came, I made some yummy cookies (thanks Cass for the recipe!!). The boys really enjoyed licking the beaters after I made the frosting.


On Saturday, Mall of the Mainland was having a train exhibit. We decided to go and see some really neat model trains. I took a few pictures so that the boys' very own "Papa Train" could see (that's what my boys call my dad because he has his own model train in "the train room.").

The buttons moved the trains and the dump truck!


This week, Gaven found his hands. Now, we never find him with his mouth empty . . . it's always filled with either a pacifier or a fist, sometimes even two fingers, just like his mommy used to do.

Finally, here's Gaven having some tummy time.


4 comments:

HeatherB said...

Your boys are so adorable. I can't believe how much they have grown. Isn't it hilarious to find them at those moments when they just can't fight sleep any longer. I can't get over how stubborn such small little people can be!
And I agree, single-parenting would be so hard. Even when I know the right answer I like a confirmation from Dan. I just don't want to make those big decisions on my own.

Jeannie said...

I love your post! How wonderful to find joy in the little things. So glad to see you all so happy. Good luck with the big move!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute! I love the random pictures. Isn't technology a great way to keep tabs on one another?

Cailean said...

I just loved this post! It was so fun to see all the pictures - I don't know if the "underwear" or sleepy Braeden was funnier!