Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Erik Gustov & Nicole Marie Liljegren

As many of you know, while we were in Washington state for a month, my sister got married. She and Erik have been together for a long time, and we were all REALLY looking forward to the wedding.
WEDDING REHEARSAL
Friday, August 17, 2007
Here is Braeden flirting with Nicole's other bridesmaids. He was quite the little ham, and has already figured out how to be "cute" and get his way. He's holding a stuffed elephant that he was given as a gift from Colee and Erik. When asked if he would be their "ring bearer." He told them he didn't want to be a "ring bear" he wanted to be a "ring tiger." A few weeks later he changed to a "ring elephant", and for the next few months before the wedding, he was convinced that he was the ring elephant. I don't have any candid pictures of him walking down the isle with the elephant, but they tied the rings on a ribbon that hung from it's nose.

You see that it's a gorgeous day out. Friday was beautiful, and we were praying for the same weather for Saturday, as they were planning an outdoor wedding.




Just the family at rehearsal

Braeden with his big cousin Kyli. I don't have any pictures of Carsen from the rehearsal because he wasn't there. He stayed home with Jason's parents.

This was the first time in MANY years that my mom had been together with her 3 siblings. There's always been a reason that one of them has not been at some function or event. We couldn't resist capturing the moment: Desiree, Cindy, Greg and Mom.
WEDDING DAY
Saturday, August 18, 2007
I love this shot that my dad took. It really captures the moment of picture taking on their wedding day. The weather was barely holding out during pictures. A few times, it started to sprinkle, and we took cover under a few trees that were outside.

Karlee, such a sweet little flower girl.

The happy couple. I thought it was cute because when Colee first came around the corner, before the wedding, to see Erik for the first time, he was quite speechless. My sister was a beautiful bride. We all knew she would be, but I think seeing her that day still took our breath away. Erik went to give her a kiss, and she, being a good girl, wouldn't let him kiss her before the ceremony.



I loved these pictures, and I'm sure the professional ones will be even more beautiful. The photographers had all the bridesmaids put their bouquets around Nicole's face to frame her. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes anyway, and the colors of the flowers made them even brighter.
Unfortunately, about an hour before the wedding, it began to drizzle, then rain, then rain a little harder, and finally it was pouring! We quickly made some adjustments and moved the wedding indoors. It turned out great anyway, and I know Colee and Erik were just thankful that they were able to get some beautiful outside pictures.

This was a moment that none of us will forget. As many of you know, a little under 2 years ago, my brother had brain surgery to remove a tumor. He's been battling his recovery now like a champ. It's still difficult for him to stand on his own, but he managed at the reception to stand and dance with Colee (but more so, hold on for dear life). As you can tell by Colee's face, it was quite an emotional time. The rest of us were the same as we sat and watched. I don't think there was a dry eye there. I know how much it meant to Colee to dance with Chris. I will definitely NEVER forget that!



We decorated their car for them the morning after the wedding. They took a town car from the wedding to their hotel, so we took Colee's car home and spiffed it up for them. Every newlywed needs a car with cans hanging from the back, right?

The morning after the wedding, close family and friends gathered at the Quay in Vancouver to have brunch. The food was fantastic! We were all a bit tired, but had a great time.
Overall, I felt very blessed to be Nicole's matron of honor. I couldn't ask for a better sister, and sharing her wedding day with her was the highlight of our trip to Washington.

No comments: