Believe it or not! We were at the water park at the beginning of March. (I haven't had a chance to get these pictures in because I was out of town for so long. I'll also have some other pictures from our trip to Washington coming here soon.) There was a chill in the air, but the water was climate controlled and there were heaters blowing from the ceilings. The water park is the new Schlitterbahn on Galveston Island, just a 5 minute drive from our apartment. We had a special "sneak preview" during winter season because Jason's mom bought us summer passes. We were so excited to go!
Our brave little soul. He'll go on any slide at the park that they'll let him. He's braver than his Daddy!
Now Carsen, on the other hand, took a bit of warming up and coaxing. Although, I'm not sure that his brother's grasp was that convincing or calming for that matter. It's all said in the face!
Eventually, Big Brother convinced him it was going to be okay. "Here, take my hand, Carsen, I'll show you. You don't need to be scared."
It's moments like these that I hope the two of them never forget why they're here, and who's side they're on.
Braeden is not so fond of water in his face. He will do anything he can to keep it out. I was proud of him for going down this slide head first. Even after the water hit his face, he was back up there doing it again.
Carsen finally ventured out on his own, up and down the stairs, up and down the slides and in every nook and cranny.
I had a soccer game in the morning, so I took Carsen to a friends house while Braeden and Jason went to the water park to start their fun. I picked up Carsen and we met them around lunchtime. Right around 3:30-4, Carsen left a surprise in his swimmer (besides, he was quite tuckered out!), so Jason took him home. Braeden and I stayed until about close (between 5 and 6). When he fell asleep on the way home in the car, it was then that I realized that he was the only one in the family that made it the ENTIRE day at the water park! I took this picture at the first stop sign leaving the parking lot.

1 comment:
wow, that water park looks like a lot of fun!! glad your boys were able to enjoy it :)
Post a Comment