Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another catch-up

Gaven figured out a new way to eat his hot dog.


The weather has still been summer temperatures during the day, but evenings have cooled a ton, so the pool water has been TOO cold to swim. When we lifted it off the sand, this is what the outside of the pool looked like (the bottom):

The picture above is even after I had been rinsing it for a while. We almost gave up and decided it wasn't worth the effort... however, about 2 hours later, this is what we came up with:

It's not perfect, but the sand is off and any of the residue that will grow over the winter is gone. I don't think we're EVER going to get all the stains off. On the upside, the inside of the pool is sparkling clean!

One of the BEST decisions I've made this summer was the put Gaven's potty chair in the car for those times he has to go and the public toilets are too scary! I had to capture a picture because it's just too cute! (I think we were at Sam's Club or some place like that)


I've vowed to be better at making it to playgroups with Gav. There always seems to be something else that can or needs to be done. We're doing better at just leaving the house how it is and getting out to play.

I'm so proud of the boys, both making the all "A" Honor Roll at school for the first grading period. It's fun to see Carsen and the progression he's making at reading. He gets SO excited about homework now!

I couldn't ask for a better big brother in Braeden. I was working on homework with Carsen and I turned around to see this:

Not quite the smile I was asking for, Gav!



Let the fun begin!!


Gaven was playing with a bracelet of mine in his car seat which is behind my seat. All of a sudden, there was a flying object that came up to the front and landed on the gear shift. Not sure why I thought it was so important to take a picture WHILE driving, but I did.

When I first entered the room, all three boys were laying on their tummies, reading together. By the time I got the camera to take the picture, Gaven was prepared to give me his stink face.

Not what you generally want to find when going in to use the bathroom! Especially when the toilet had been previously UNflushed!

My roses have been blooming like crazy! It makes me so happy to have fresh roses on my end table daily. I keep waiting for my bushes to slow down in production, but that hasn't been the case yet. Maybe that's because of the 80-90 degree weather we've been having still.

SOMEONE found the bubble bath and used 3/4 of the bottle!! (hint: the guilty looking one)

We carved pumpkins a few days ago. Each of the boys drew their face on the white paper (except Gaven... I did his), then Daddy transferred something similar onto the pumpkin that could actually be cut out.


Braeden has NEVER enjoyed cleaning out the guts!

Gaven wouldn't even touch the "ick."

Braeden's pumpkin... he wanted horn eyes, a horn nose and a horn mouth. Jason asked him why he was so horny... and his response was, "I just am, Dad."


Our scariest faces:


The winner, if you ask me:

Gav and I attended a costume playgroup on Tuesday.




As moms, we were pretty proud of this shot.

Yesterday, Carsen came home sick. Today was crazy hat day and he wanted to participate from home.

Until next time... whenever that may be!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You crack me up... the bracelet... the horny question from Jason... ha ha ha... just love checking in on your family. :)

Janene said...

Your boys are so cute.

I love the pictures of them on their stomachs reading together. Doesn't that just melt your heart?

The potty in the car idea I just might have to steal. :)

And I love Braeden's scary face! He looks so grown up, yet so young at the same time.