Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

I took the boys to the ballpark last night to see their little neighbor buddy, Adrian, play. He plays 7 and 8 year-old machine pitch. It was fun watching him. After the game, at around 7:30pm, we were on our way out and Carsen asked if we could stay and watch the "big kids" play. I think they were only 9 and 10, but to him big kids. Of course I told them we could watch a little bit of it. Braeden wanted to pose when I was taking the picture.

I took another picture and once again, Braeden was posing, but Carsen was too fascinated by the game to even look at me or smile!!

In between innings and his 1001 questions, he would turn around and watch the t-ball game behind us because, "That's what I'm going to be playing."

Braeden had a lot of fun, too, but he didn't ask nearly as many questions as Carsen.

A few of Carsen's questions, and I really DO mean just a few:
"Mom, why do they touch the plate with their bat?"
"Why does he stand behind the catcher."
"Mom, what did he say?" (the umpire)
"Why does he throw his bat down before he runs?"
"What are those yellow poles out in the outfield?"
"Why does he have that thing on his chest?" (the catcher)
"How many more balls until he goes to 1st base?"
"Mom, why did he fall down like that?" (sliding)
"Why does he swing when he's not the hitter?" (on deck)
I think you get the picture...

Just before the game was over, we headed toward the parking lot a bit, but couldn't go far because the boys wanted to see the WHOLE game. At this point it was 9:40pm, but who could pull these boys away from the field. I caught a little bit of cuteness on video as they were watching from the sidelines:



Just one last question from Carsen as we were heading home:
"Mom, how long until I get to play?"

3 comments:

Briana said...

I didn't notice until watching it back now that Braeden was pretend batting right-handed. Silly boy!

Cassidy said...

How funny!! Carsen looks TAN. Braeden does too, but Carsen really looks it. I can't wait till Carter can play. And the nonstop questions? Those crack me up. Of course, when Carter does that it drives me INSANE.

Debbie said...

Those little guys are SO lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy that likes to go to all the fun sporting events AND also knows the answers to every question they might even think of asking!! As their Grandma it pleases me to know they will be able to try out just about anything their little hearts desire when it comes to playing sports. NOW...they just need to live closer to Grandma & Papa so we can attend the games!!!!!!! No pressure intended! :)