A couple days ago,
Braeden told me his head was itching. I chalked it up to him not getting the shampoo out, or just the first few weeks of swimming again. Yesterday, I noticed he had a bunch of dandruff on his navy blue shirt before school. I asked him if he was still itching and he said yes. When I checked his head, I wasn't prepared for what I found! HEAD LICE!!
Ughh! Poor kid! After the school nurse checked
Carsen, she confirmed that
Braeden had a VERY bad case. We got the "stuff" to take care of it and spent all day yesterday
de-bugging our house! That included a head shaving of all the boys.
Braeden was first.

Shaving his head doesn't get rid of them. He still had lots of live ones and a TON of the little nits that they leave.

We did the shampooing and before combing, I took a picture. If you click on the picture, you can see that all the little brown spots are the nits and the big spot on the right at the front of his hairline is a dead one. We combed and combed and combed and got them out. I checked 10 minutes later and found a few live ones and more nits. So we shampooed again, and then checked every 15 minutes for the rest of the day (in between loads and loads of laundry!!).

Finally, he was lice and nit free. Neither of the other boys have it, but we decided to shave their heads, too. My two baldies playing the
Wii.


Gaven was more than happy to sit in the middle of all the clean, warm laundry (and that's only about a 5
th of it!).

When
Carsen got home from school, it was HIS turn. He wanted a
mohawk, so I told him he could have one for about 1 minute.

All 3 of my baldies:

As of this morning, we're free and clear. We have to keep checking heads this week to make sure they don't return. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed!!!
4 comments:
Yikes. Lice is one thing I do NOT want to deal with. gross. gross. gross.
Hopefully you're in the clear!!
Lousy! We used to get lice all the time because we played with some kids who always had it. They did the special shampoo but never took care of the couches/bedding and so they never ever got rid of it. My mom was so sick and tired of dealing with it! She did find the ultimate solution (which I hated...but not enough to stop playing with my friends). Basically, you put kerosene in the shampoo. Leave it on your head for 20 minutes. Then wash it out with normal shampoo. Then you rinse with vinegar just to get the kerosene smell out. And you smell like pickles for a while. Good times. Hopefully, you won't have to resort to this. But let me know if the bugs come back and you want the exact recipe for my mom's "special lice shampoo". I'll get it for you.
I'm so sorry Brianna! That is so not fun! Hopefully they are gone for good. Your boys look super cute with their heads shaved!
My head is itching just reading about it! :) I'm so sorry that you had to go through that...Poor Braden! I can't believe how little they were. I could hardly see anything in that picture. Little buggers!
Post a Comment