One of the reasons we chose to head to Galveston this past weekend was to attend the 5
th annual
Mardi Gras "Fire Truck Parade." We went in 2006, 2007 and 2008, but missed 2009 after we moved.
Braeden could see the trucks coming down the street and was VERY excited!
Carsen's first and I think last strand of beads. It was a bit disappointing this year. In years past, the boys have walked away with a LOT of beads. This year, not so many.



I take that back,
Carsen must have gotten 2 strands. Here are most of the kids: L to R... Ben, Gaven Jaime,
Braeden,
Carsen and Carter. (Not pictured: Ashley - Ben and Jaime's little sister, and Megan - Carter's little sister).

The boys REALLY wanted to go down to the beach. I didn't want sand everywhere, so luckily they were satisfied with a walk along the seawall! It's hard to imagine that a little over a year ago, there would have been water rushing in over their heads.
4 comments:
Yeah I was way disappointed at the lack of beads.
Still so fun!!
Did they have the parade last year after the hurricane? I love the picture of the boys walking down the Sea Wall. they are so cute, front or back! :)
Dena - They DID actually have Mardi Gras and the parades last year. I'm not sure if they did the fire truck parade or just the big parades, but they DID have them. I'm sure all in the spirit of moving on!
Wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment