Monday, January 11, 2010

Reminiscing Part I

I recently bought some storage containers so that I could get my picture CD's organized. While I was spending some time organizing them, I was reminiscing by watching some of the old videos that I've captured with my digital cameras. I picked out some of my favorites and thought that I would post them.


This first video is one of probably 10-15 that I have of Braeden falling asleep in his high chair. He ALWAYS fell asleep while eating, bless his heart! I'm not sure exactly how old he is here, but I'm guessing right around a year.


This next video is a short version of one of my favorites! This is in our first apartment in Galveston after Jason started medical school. He and Braeden would do this for HOURS on our bed. It started with Braeden uncontrollably running into Jason's belly and bouncing backwards and falling on the bed. It eventually turned into this: Braeden controllably bouncing off his belly and purposely making himself fall backwards. Braeden is between 12 and 18 months in this video. Most of these first videos are very short because I had to send them by email to family and needed to keep them short.


My boys call my dad "Papa Train." It all started when Braeden was 18 months and we went to visit our families in WA. My dad would come home from work and the first thing Braeden would say was, "Papa... Choo Choo!! Papa... Choo Choo!!" He wanted my dad to take him out to his train room and run the trains. He just ended up calling my dad Papa Choo Choo. When we got back from our trip to WA, my dad sent Braeden a video of one of his trains going around the track. By this time, Braeden had learned how to say the word "Train" and would call him Papa Train, which is what he goes by today!

This video just made me laugh. Gotta love when kids are learning to jump! I would guess that Braeden is right about 20 months old. (Unfortunately my videos from my digital camera do not save the date like my pictures did. I just know general time frame because this video is saved on Braeden's 18-24 month picture CD)

Here is another video of Braeden falling asleep while eating.

This has got to be one of my favorite videos of all time... probably second only to another video I have of Carsen on my camcorder (which I'm not able to get on here). As you can tell by the video, Braeden could say the word "Braeden" and "Bucket" as long as he said them separately. If he tried to say, "Braeden's Bucket"... THIS is how it came out... (warning: a little bit of foul baby mouth)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What prescious sweet memories! I love my boys and their cuteness! These boys have had my heart smushed in their hands from the moment they were born and now everyone can see why!