Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bitty Baby

On our way back home this morning, just before turning on to our street, I saw a small animal crossing the road ahead. I continued passed our street and when I got closer, I saw that it was a baby deer. Not just a "baby deer", it was a BITTY baby! You could tell by the way it was crossing the street, like a horse just having been born that was struggling to stay on his weak legs! There were a couple workers leaving in their truck and they stopped, too. He seemed to know a lot about animals and was saying that he would bet money that it wasn't even weened yet. As we got out of our cars, it walked off into a neighbors garage. They saw it and came out, too. One of the workers picked her up and I just "happened" to have my camera in the car.
Of course, by this time, the boys were in the car hollering at me, "Can we come see it... WE want to come out, tooooooo!!" The man was kind enough to come back over by the cars and let them have a closer look.
She was soooooo sweet! I thought she would be scared, but she was pretty calm in his arms.
It's not every day that you get to pet a bitty baby deer!
For those of you animal lovers, there's a vet clinic just up the road from us, and we made sure that the workers guys were going to take her there to have her looked at. That's where they were headed.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Oh that is cute!! That's so funny, 'cause as I was reading it, I was all stressing about where it's mom was, and whether touching the deer had made it so it's mom wouldn't take it back, like birds. phew. poor deer.

Debbie said...

How precious!!! So sad that it is away from it's "Mommy" though.