Ever since I have lived in Texas, anytime it snows in WA, my mom calls me and says, "We have frosty!" I'm not sure if it's her way of getting me back for calling when it's 96 degrees and gorgeous sunshine out, or if she's just excited to tell us. Regardless, we have yet to "have frosty" during our time here in Texas . . . until tonight, that is!

This is making a snowman . . . "Texas style."
Braeden, just being Braeden.
Taking a break to call Grandma:
So, here's OUR Frosty, with Bozo and Bonzo.

I hadn't had any plans for arms, but Braeden called me out on that. He thought that our snowman NEEDED arms. I told him if he could find something for arms that I would put them on. He tried with the vacuum attachments, first, but I told him no. He and Carsen went out in the garage and returned with the pool noodle. We had to do some cutting and trimming, but eventually Frosty got his arms.

I decided to take a picture of him along with the tree. You'll notice there are literally just a couple ornaments that have survived the lower half of our tree. We also have to hang the extension cord up in the top of the tree when we don't have it plugged in. I'm not sure where we're going to put Frosty in the morning if we want him to survive longer than a day!
8 comments:
Oh my goodness that is such a cute idea! You guys are so much fun!
What a cute idea! Maya would LOVE to do that! She is dreaming of snow, but I think the last time it snowed in HK was like the 1950's, lol.
That is the cutest idea I've seen in a long time! Way to bring the snow to your kids! ;) Very cute! Hopefully Frosty survives Gaven wrath! :)
I will echo everyone else in saying what a cute idea! I love it. What a fun mom you are.
I have to say, I can't take complete credit for the idea. I DID see it in a magazine!
Love it! Too cute, don't you love baby/toddler proofing EVERYTHING! Your tree looks great, even if there's only ornaments on the top. We all understand!
Briana, that's so cute! What a great mom you are! I bet your boys love it. How is it surviving the little ones?
That is the cutest thing I've heard anyone say "we have frosty" and I LOVE that snowman!! Magazine or not, you decided to do it and pulled it off!
Post a Comment