Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Roozer!

Our baby boy is ONE! I don't know why time has to fly so fast. Gaven is one of the happiest little boys, with the most infectious smile I have ever seen!
Since Daddy worked today, we waited until after church to open Gaven's presents. The problem was that he only had a short nap in the morning and another short nap on the car ride home. You'll see in the first pictures, he's happy to have his present, and just a few seconds later when I snapped the second picture, he's done!
He finished opening Jason's parent's gifts, and then we were going to do my parents, but we decided that maybe a little cake would cheer up the boy! You'll see his ghetto cake in the next few pictures. It was nothing special, for sure! Daddy was concerned about keeping Gav's fingers out of the cake while blowing out the candle, he forgot to keep his fingers off the candle. No bad burns, but enough to make the baby cry AGAIN!!
I'd say the cake did it's job to change his mood! It was cute because Jason took a teenie bit of frosting on his finger and let him lick it, and that was all it took for him to stop being sad and dig right in! He even shared some with Daddy! (Remember if you click on the collages, it will make them bigger and easier to see)
Now with the celebrating done, if you'll bare with me, I'm going to take a trip down memory lane for some of the highlights that I can remember of his first year. Some of them are just my favorite pictures.

Here's our little guy just hours after birth. Gaven has always had a very distinctive cry. He has a way of making you believe that the world REALLY is coming to an end! It's one thing I love about him, and he still cries like that at times. Here's a picture right after one of those episodes when Daddy's finger was all the comfort he needed!

2 weeks old
One of Gaven's best features are his eyelashes. Boy are we in for it some day!
The poor kid has been such a spit-upper!! This is the only picture I have taken that I actually have him in action spitting up. He really didn't grow out of his spitting up until a few months ago when he had weened himself and we switched him to lactose-free formula. I'm not convinced that is what did it, it just might have been the age. I guess we'll see when we do regular milk. I love this picture of our chubbly-wubbly in his "Howdy Partner" hat! (You got NOTHIN' on me Ellie Katz!!)
Gaven is about 3 1/2 months old in this picture. I chose this one because it shows how he LOVED to be swaddled. Sometimes he even REQUIRED to be swaddled. I attribute it to his Daddy's amazing ability to get him snug as a burrito. He didn't give up swaddling until after 4 months old - seriously!
I love this picture from Florida!
Jason had Gaven on his lap and was playing with him, until one of the boys turned on the TV. This was his way of watching!
Just after we moved for residency, Jason's mom got the boys their doctor get-up. This is one of my favorites!
I've been blessed with another good eater! He's not picky, and he's very eager!
Gaven has 2 big brothers who love him very much. They are always willing to do what it takes to make him happy.
It's no wonder the kid walked when he was just over 9 months old!
At 6 months, I took some pictures of him out back, and I LOVE this one!
Sometimes when you're the baby, you have to find you OWN way to get the goods. Carsen left his ice-cream on the stool, and Gav found it!
Everyone always comments on Gaven's cheeks! We love his cheeks.
More so than my other two children, Roozer is into EVERYTHING! If there's a telephone, remote, hair dryer, brush, kitchen utensil, dog toy, water bowl . . . you name it, he's into it!
Sometimes his big brothers just wear him out!
He's found himself a best friend. It cracks me up. I'm always hollering at one of them to leave the other alone. "Gaven, give Dakota back her toy." "Dakota, give Gaven back his toy." "Gaven, get out of the dog's food!" "Dakota, get out of the baby's food!" "Gaven, stop pulling her tail." "Dakota, give him back his paci!!!"
I sure am ONE LUCKY MOM!!!
Happy 1st Birthday, Little Mann!

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a sweet boy. Happy Birthday, Gaven!

Colee said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I miss him!

Unknown said...

Our little "Roozer" is just the sweetest thing ever! He is so cute. I will help man the cannon in about 15 more years! Girls will go crazy over his eyelashes, cheeks and all around "Mannly ways"! I can not actually believe that this little guy is 1. I love him way too much for it to only have been a year. Happy Birthday to our Roozer!

Robin Conner said...

Happy Birthday Gaven! I can't believe it's been a year! The pics were cute! ;)

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday Gav! Give Meg some time. . . she'll give you a run for your money with the chubs she's puttin' on. man oh man. He is a CUTIE! I'm thinking he looks like you Bri!

Andrea McEntire said...

Gaven is so cute. I love his big puppy dog eyes.

Janene said...

What a cutie! It is amazing how fast they grow up!

Cailean said...

Those are such cute pictures!!! He reminds me of Braeden a ton in his newest photos. Happy Birthday!!!