Saturday, October 11, 2008

Silo Farm Pumpkin Patch

We had the opportunity to go to a pumpkin patch today. It was a gorgeous day, perfect to be outdoors. First things first, the boys wanted to ride the hay ride. Then, we picked out our pumpkins that we will carve closer to Halloween. On a side note: It really made me think about my grandpa who passed away over a year ago. He grew pumpkins in his backyard garden, and he grew GREAT BIG ones! Every year, we picked out our pumpkins and carved them at his house. I sure miss him!


Then, some good ol' hay jumpin'.

A little bit of teatherball with some other kids. Braeden REALLY liked this!

Next, a little bit of pumpkin painting.

And of course, we had to try out the haymaze. It was quite a joke. A 4 and 3-year old conquered it in less than 10 seconds!

Last, we took some time out for a few photo-ops:

Last, but definitely not least, my goofiest two . . .

We had a great time, and I'm sure we'll make this a yearly tradition!

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

They are so adorable. Looks like you had a fun day. Trips to the pumpkin patch are always great! We're going in two weeks-- can't wait! :)

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures. I love pumpkin patches...we must think alike.

Unknown said...

The boys are so cute! Especially in their matching shirts. I'm so glad they all fit them at the same time! :)

Becky said...

where is this? I need a pumpkin patch to go to....email me