Saturday, June 7, 2008

Room by Room

We've continued to keep ourselves busy with getting the house together. Room by room we're moving in. I figured I would post some pictures now that the house is a little more put together. We still have finishing touches to do, but this will give you a good idea of what we've been up to.

We decided to be brave and see what it would look like to do an accent wall. I say brave because we decided on RED!

We are pleasantly surprised. Actually, I love it! It was WAY too much fun to paint dark on light. We have plans to do a wall in the boys' room and in our room, too.

As you can see, we have all of our wall frames with pictures and such still on top of the bookcase. That's why the walls are just a tad bit bare!

The extra black chairs in the kitchen are because Jason's parents are still here with us.

Jason has been having a hay day with all his gidgets and gadgets. Here he is learning how to use his new circular saw.

You'll see in this next picture that the shelf that isn't painted along with the closet rod are additions that Jason did. Hence the circular saw in the previous picture. We have plans to paint the shelf the same color as the other.

Here's the boys' room. Braeden and Carsen are sharing a room, and Gaven has his own for the time being.

Here are a couple pictures of the playroom. The boys are really excited because today we took the air mattresses off of their beds and put their mattresses that Nanu and Papa have been sleeping on back onto their beds. Now they have floor space in the playroom.

I don't have finished pictures of Gaven's room, our room or the garage yet, but once they are "put together" I'll post some pics.

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

I love it!! The red wall looks really good! You're house is so cute!!

Laura Oler said...

The wall looks awesome! I need you to come and help me paint my house. :) It's so fun to see your cute boys and cute house -- wish we lived closer so we could visit.

Anonymous said...

Love the accent color! How fun to have your own place to do exactly what you want with it!
Do you always buy your boys matching clothes?

Dave & Katie Butler Family said...

Your house looks so cute. Congrats on your degree! Wow that is a huge accomplishment.

Cailean said...

I love the red accent wall! What a great idea. Your home really looks so nice and very warm and inviting. I love the matching shirts. Where do you find clothes in all of their sizes? I'd love to know - I've only found a few things at Target that are all the sizes of our girls (and future girl).

Alicia L. said...

Congratulations to Jason! What a huge accomplishment. What are you doing your residency in? Love your house. It's looking so wonderful. You are just going to love it.