Friday, May 30, 2008

Our New Home

When we were finished unloading the truck at 1:30 am Tuesday morning, believe it or not, these were the only boxes left in the garage! We were pretty sore on Tuesday after having loaded and unloaded a 26' truck on the same day.
The boys put all the boxes to good use!

On Wednesday, it poured! We had a beautiful rainbow out back. As you can see, the grass has done quite well despite minimal watering for a week in 90-95 degree weather.

Jason and his dad worked hard getting up the blinds on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Braeden is loving being home with his babiest brother!

The boys have already taken full advantage of the part of the backyard that they are allowed to use at this point. (They can't go on the grass for another week or so since the sod is still so new and stressed!)

There are things that you don't think about when buying a brand new house that nobody has lived in before. One of those things is a mailbox. Luckily, Jason is a pretty "Handy-Mann" and was able to get our box in without a hitch!

Sometimes you just wonder about these people that build these houses! After Jason took a shower, he realized that there was something a little odd about the faucet in our bathroom! (It's hard to see, you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger)

We're headed back today to Galveston for graduation. I hope to post some pictures next week of our house all put together. We'll see! :-)

1 comment:

Dave & Katie Butler Family said...

Your house looks great. You sure do unpack really fast. I have moved so many times and still can't get it done that fast. We finally moved back to the Northwest. It has been 5 years since we moved away. We are really enjoying living back here. I saw that you moved and pictures of Jason's parents and I was hoping you moved back up here. But they were just visiting. Plus, it is way to sunny in your pictures to be the Great Northwest. :) I hope you find sometime to write. It is Katie Kruse if you can't tell. (I haven't used that name in ages.)